The lab is equipped for paraffin histology. The unit is maintained by the Division of Cell and Developmental Biology. It is open for members of all Centers at the Campus Währinger Straße/Schwarzspanierstraße.
Users of the unit have to perform all required tasks for tissue processing themselves. New users are obliged to take an introductory lesson in equipment handling provided by staff of the histology platform.
Usage is generally free of charge. However, in case of processing of large sample numbers or continuous usage contributions in reagent supply might be requested (individual agreement).
- 1 automated tissue processor (Leica TP1020)
- 1 paraffin embedding system (Medite TBS 88)
- 2 microtomes (Thermo Shandon Finesse, ThermoScientific HM355S))
- 1 linear Histo-stainer (Medite COT-20)
- 1 slide scanner (Olympus VS120)